The 2002-03 Pennsylvania District Board of Circle K International developed and initiated a service project fund called PACK Cash. This program allows Circle K clubs in the Pennsylvania District to apply for grants that can be used to conduct service projects for which they have inadequate funding to complete. In spring 2003, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania Circle K became the first club to receive a PACK Cash grant. They held a senior citizen’s prom for a local nursing home.
- Read the entire form carefully before beginning work on your application.
- All applications must be typed.
- Treat the entries as you would a submission of a formal project or essay for class. Detailed and complete sentences with appropriate grammar should be included and checked in all entries.
- Applications should be completed by a member of the club, not a faculty or Kiwanis advisor.
- Clubs should carefully consider how much money they will really need for the project and how much they will be requesting. Clubs are encouraged to seek funding from various sources including their own club, donors, student government, and/or Kiwanis clubs.
- If your club is awarded a grant, you will be expected to hold the event. If your club will not hold the event, you are expected to notify the District Treasurer immediately.
- Funds are distributed after the event is complete not before.
- Travel expenses are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Decisions of the District Board are final. Applications may be resubmitted if not approved.
- After the event is held, your club must send the following items to the District Treasurer within 30 days of the event.
- An article for the District Publication, The Krier, detailing the project
- 2 or More Action Photos from the project
- Receipt with details of items for reimbursement
- Upon submission and approval of the required items after the event, the District Treasurer will process your reimbursement with the Pennsylvania District Office. The designated person on the application will receive the reimbursement by check.
PACK Cash Applications are reviewed by the Pennsylvania District Board for approval on a “rolling” submission at District Board Meetings. All applications should be completed and sent to the District Treasurer (email@example.com) and District Governor (firstname.lastname@example.org). The District Treasurer shall contact you to confirm the application has been received and when it will be reviewed by the board. Application decisions will be communicated immediately following the District Board Meeting to the primary contact listed on the application.
Pennsylvania District Kiwanis International
2793 Old Post Road, Suite 12
Harrisburg, PA 17110-3683