Circle K International members love to serve, and grants from the Tomorrow Fund can help them do just that. Clubs have two opportunities a year to apply for grants ranging from US$250 to $2,000 to help conduct service projects that create a meaningful impact on their campuses and in communities. Grant application periods include:
- April 1 to June 1: Grants will be approved during the Circle K International Board of Trustees meeting that is held during the CKI convention.
- October 1 to December 1: Grants will be approved during the board of trustees’ winter meeting.
In recent years, clubs have used grants for projects that improve the lives of schoolchildren, families without homes, cancer patients and people who are food insecure. Clubs have also received grants to promote sustainable lifestyles and improve the environment.
The Tomorrow Fund is supported by direct donations and donations from Carthage-Pullman Society memberships and Sapphire Circle honoraries. It is held within the Kiwanis Children’s Fund.
- Grant amounts from US$200 to US$2,000 may be requested.
- Applications are reviewed by the Circle K International Board of Trustees.
- Clubs must be in good standing to receive grants.
- Grants can be received during project planning or implementation. This was updated to drop the requirement that a project be completed before grant money is awarded.
- Clubs that receive grants have one year to complete their project.
- Clubs that receive grants must report on the use of money. Clubs that fail to do so will be asked to reimburse the money after the year has elapsed. If money is not reimbursed, the club will be barred from applying for grants for two years and may face other disciplinary actions including being ineligible for awards, scholarships, and event attendance.
What you’ll need
Before you start the application process, it is helpful to gather the following information.
- Your member ID#. Not sure? Contact Kiwanis International member services at [email protected].
- Your club’s key number. Not sure? Contact Kiwanis International’s member services at [email protected].
- The telephone number and email address of the Kiwanis/faculty advisor or district administrator who is directly involved in the project.
- A brief description of the project.
- The issue your project addresses.
- When and where the project will take place and a detailed project timeline.
- How your project will measurably improve the community and continue its impact in the long run.
- What parts of your project require funding.
- Other ways the project will be funded, including partners.
Ready to apply?
To begin an application, you must first create a club account on Foundant, our new online grant–making system.
This can be done from the Login Page by clicking “Create New Account.” Once your account is created, you can log in, then click on “Apply” and choose your application language from the available selection.
Once your club has a Foundant account, you will use the existing login credentials. Please do not create another account if your club has previously applied via Foundant.
Watch this video to learn how to create an account and apply for a grant.
Please contact us at email@example.com.